This time I have added some essay questions suitable for the film.
- How has a feature film you have studied captured and sustained the viewer’s interest? (You might consider such aspects as casting, characterisation, setting, cinematography, special effects, editing and sequencing of shots, pace, script and narrative structure.)
- ‘Oscars are awarded each year for such things as best cinematography, best soundtrack, best special effects, best screenplay, and so on. But in the end the success or otherwise of any film depends on the director.’ Discuss with reference to a feature film you have studied.
- Consider the importance of ONE of the following to any feature film you have studied: narrative structure, characterisation, or cinematography.
- What theme or themes have you found in a feature film you have studied this year that are relevant to a modern audience?
- Discuss the characteristics of ONE feature film that you have studied that have made it a commercial or artistic success.
- Discuss the techniques used to create and develop character in a feature film you have studied.