- Plan and write your presentation with enough time to rehearse.
- Keep the audience in mind when writing your presentation, use language and examples they can relate to.
- Use a variety of language and delivery techniques. Think of all the ones we have talked about!
- Cue cards and notes are for your reference only. Don’t read from them or you may not reach the standard, and make sure they are in the correct order.
- If appropriate stand for most of your presentation, as sitting will restrict your movement and delivery.
- Build a relationship with the audience through natural and sustained eye contact.
- Start confidently and sound interested in your topic.
- Pay attention to how you will look to others or what might distract you, for example you may wish to tie your hair back.